Saturday, February 10, 2007

pictures!

it's.... random pictures time! and not of me! yesssssssssssssssssssssssh!!!!!

i just received a package.. am so touched.. but more on that later.. first. random pictures.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

my parents redid the house a bit coz of the fire that broke out... o i dont think i told any of my friends that did i? when i was still in training and back for the weekend, i woke up to a room completely filled with smoke.. basically.. my bro's fan which he was sleeping beside self combusted and i think his bin and curtains caught fire too.. he only realised after the flame got massive. somehow my dad managed to put it out, the smoke managed to leave my house.. but.. damage was done. and walls all covered with soot. so repainting. and a new painting from ikea. our 2nd ever painting. very affordable. i like.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

my sister's longtime companion.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

i love these strawberries man! they look so fragile.. vulnerable.. half skin-less.. but they really radiate some kinda attractive innocence..no? (:


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

a bird flew into my house when i was in singapore and refused to get out. it spent some time swimming in our fish tank too and making a crapload of noise.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

my bro was trying the feed-animal-some-hard-biscuit-which-it-probably-can-never-swallow thing


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

chef bean. i love it.. birthday present from whirlwind.. or rather from lynette who subsequently collected money from them... (:


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

my "fridge" in the states.. i guess winter has its plus points too. my window has this kinda like netting outside and an inner glass slide thing.. inbetween there's some space so i just use that as my fridge. the temperature outside more than qualifies.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

some chocolate a friend gave me. quite cool right. just slide to open and shut.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

first thing i saw when i woke up that crazy snowy day... snow was so damn thick and falling so rapidly.. couldnt tell the diff between pavements and roads and my wet converse sneakers and jeans were sunk into every step of snow... it looked good for the first day.. now it's just turned sticky, melty, black and disgusting.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

view from my room. damn white huh.


--------------------------------------------------

and now.. on to the issue of the package. i got a delivery notice as always that there was a package for me for collection downstairs as i always do when i order something. usually some amazon book. i thought it was my pol sci book - global politics as if it mattered. very cynical title. i like.

but anyways i collected it.. didnt look anything like that... (my ipod preserves the privacy of the sender)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


really touched. really. and im damn shocked. the ba gua really tastes damn authentic. like it just stepped off the grills/stove/whatever of bee cheng hiang. the three different items.. one of each shall take a permanent place on my shelf of treasured things from friends that remind me of home... sender included no name, only address, no letter. but of course i know who she is. it's such a surprise coz i would never expect such an... unexpected package like that...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

thanks (:

on a final note... this week has been exhausting... i really have to take action... a few moments of complete embarrassment.. i guess will mean nothing in the long run... o man. i can do it. i have to do it. this week has been fulfiling in ways too...
it felt so comfortable... wow. ive already signed a lease to stay in an apartment next year.. and im looking forward to it.. to my own place.. to hopefully be able to drive around then.. to the privacy.. but i think there's definitely parts of hall life i will miss... i'll make sure that moving out does not equal to isolation...

2 comments:

cat. said...

ahh!! lucky you! i have to wait till the end of this month before I get my new year stuff zzz...oh by the way, get waterproof shoes..i was wearing my sneakers too but it's gotten too cold (and it's not even as cold as the states) to keep wearing them. plus it's always raining in london so they're not very good protection. for one, waterproof shoes will protect against frostbite (i'm serious.) and secondly, inadequate protection from the cold causes rheumatism (seriously, that's why i stopped wearing slippers to school). keep warm! and take care (:

Anonymous said...

hahaa yea.. i used to wear slippers to school.. nah i cant be bothered sneakers are actually ok for me.. it's just my face which freezes... hahaa. you keep warm too yea (: