Monday, May 07, 2007

and run away together...



I read a note my grandma wrote back in nineteen twenty-three.
Grandpa kept it in his coat, and he showed it once to me. he said,
"boy, you might not understand, but a long, long time ago,
Grandma's daddy didn't like me none, but i loved your grandma so."

We had this crazy plan to meet and run away together.
Get married in the first town we came to, and live forever.
But nailed to the tree where we were supposed to meet, instead
Of her, i found this letter, and this is what it said:

If you get there before i do, don't give up on me.
I'll meet you when my chores are through;
I don't know how long i'll be.
But i'm not gonna let you down, darling wait and see.
And between now and then, till i see you again,
I'll be loving you. love, me.

- collin raye

such an... overplayed. cliche song.
haa... but o man. what.. horribly embarrassing.. but ultimately
sweet memories it brings back.

cant sit through a full loop of "jj"
it's too painful.

---------------------------

ahhhhhhhhhhhh.
cant start studying!!!
have so much to do... and im sure once i start depressing thoughts will start rushing back in...
BUT. weird enough. in a super happy and like.. aroused mood now. hahaaahahaa even though my eyes are half closed.
thanks to a conversation. (:

reading all this psych stuff... has been killing my brain
and i seriously cant recall a single thing from 2 days ago...
but. it's really interesting... and... it's kinda been making me reflect
a lot on myself. and people. and the whole year..
and really. how you... choose to see things kinda has so much impact on... your emotional well-being.
there're a lot of adjustments that can be made.

o man so tired. tired. tired.
but yet. happy happy happy.
crazy year.
crazy year.
it's been an experience for sure (:

hazel! i chose "zoo" coz we always talkd about going there and it just reminded me of you!
hahaaa yes you are not like most socially-conventional friend... but very fun indeed (:

if they're gonna laugh... laugh.
talk... talk.
i just thank God for all the shit man... it's been a blast
the number of challenges shoved into my face
so... just bring it on. really. now. when i go back.
im dying to go home... it's been a year...
yeah. that doesn count. it has been a year...
and yet a zillion things scare the shit out of me.
but... it will be good.

you can take whatever shortcuts you want.
to achieve something
and delight in that invincibility for a moment or two.
but at the end of the day...
it really isnt yours for keeping
and it wont be.. until it's done in the right way.
right?

indeed.

No comments: